6.06.2007

Learning to Fly

So turns out that if you don't fly the first half of a round-trip ticket, the airline will cancel the second half for you. I learned this when I showed up at the airport and handed my ID to the lady at the check-in counter. Three people later, they finally figured out that their system couldn't let them check me in because the ticket was cancelled. The next response was that I needed to talk to Travelocity because it was their ticket. Luckily, the supervisor was able to apply the money from the first ticket to a new, one-way ticket back to California. She just couldn't get that ticket until the next night. So I called my office and left a message explaining what happened and why I wouldn't be there the next day. And I got to spend another night with my family. So it all worked out in the end.

Also, because I had a one-way ticket both ways, I got the full body and bag search. Not fun.

No comments: