1.02.2007

Why I will never understand men

My story today begins when the Relief Society president decided to move to Boston. Therefore, she had to have a going away party. At said going away party, I joined the conversation of several young men in attendance (visithttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfu0aV1dkHw to see how it all went down). One of the young men, Activities Man, was fairly new to the ward. He at least looked moderately interested when I added my two cents to the conversation. Afterward, my roommate (who needs a good nym but I can't come up with one right now) told me I should date Activities Man. My reply was that if he wanted to do something about it, he was more than welcome to.


Sunday rolls around and I end up on the stand playing the piano (seriously, doesn't anyone teach their kids to play the piano in California? I'm not that good.). Activities Man was giving the final talk. Roommate tells MiniThug (also a roommate) her grand plan about hooking the two of us up. MiniThug readily agrees because she grew up with Activities Man. (I found out about this conversation later.) After a combined Relief Society/Elders Quarum allegedly about goals but really about getting all of us married off, we all escaped to the cultural hall for Linger Longer. Activities Man comes up to me and asks me what my idea of a good idea for an inexpensive date is. "For a girl who's maybe a 5...you're curious, but you don't know her all that well." I hemmed and hawed until we were interupted by someone else. After they left, I turned the question around on him. He had a few ideas, then I remembered a first date that I went on to Color Me Mine that was fun because you could talk but you also had something to distract yourself with. I told him about said date. We discussed the whereabouts of a local store, then he walked off saying, "I'll keep that in mind" and a wink.


Huh?

1 comment:

Saule Cogneur said...

Because we are incomprehensibly suave and ever so subtle. Always.