1.16.2007

Crap, my roots are showing


Mindy Moment of the day:
So I went to the post office today to mail a package to my adorable little sister. After twenty minutes of waiting for a parking space, I finally manouvered my cute little Black Pearl into a space. Once the package had been properly stamped and sorted, I headed for the car. The little button on the keychain didn't work. This wasn't that unusual, because it doesn't work all the time (I'm assuming it's something to do with signal interference blah blah blah). As I put my key in the door to unlock it maually, I think, "Oh gee. Someone broke into my car and left me seat cushions." Only after this thought does it dawn on me that THIS IS NOT MY CAR. Not only is it not my car, it's not even the same color. My beloved Black Pearl is, well, black, and this one was a very distinct purple. So then I had to walk away and attempt to find my car (the real one) amidst the soccer mom SUV monstrosities dominating the parking lot at 2:30 in the afternoon. It took me a good 30 seconds just standing there like an idiot before I found it. I just hope the people sitting in their cars waiting for my spot had a good laugh. What good is a Mindy Moment if it's not shared with the world?

No comments: