10.28.2007

World on fire

This week was interesting. The smoke made my eyes itch and throat sore and head hurt. But because I was not one of the nearly 1,000,000 people evacuated, I knew that it could be worse. So I tried to keep the complaining down.

Other weird things happened. For some reason, I didn't get tired at night. I stayed up until 1 at least twice without even realizing it because my body never said "you're being an idiot; go to sleep!" Even weirder, I wasn't tired during the day either.

And have you ever noticed how when you can't do something, it makes you want to do it? Last week I had to force myself to the gym, and only made it twice. This week I couldn't because of the smoke, and all I wanted to do was go running.

The worst day was Wednesday. Headache + cramps + who knows what else = grouchy Mindy. I spent the morning apologizing to everyone because I knew I was being rude and horrid but I couldn't stop. I hated it. And then, that afternoon my mood just lifted. I didn't do anything; all of a sudden I realized I didn't want to yell at people anymore. I was still a little unsure of myself, so I went to Institute rather than Bunco (better a dark classroom where I wouldn't talk to anyone than a group of friends I might offend). And that helped too.

And now the smoke has started to clear. Here's hoping this week will be much better.

No comments: