10.15.2007

Serving as an example for small children

So I went to Disneyland this weekend (I have a pass now! I can go whenever I want! I love Southern California!). We decided to go on Splash Mountain. My friend ducked out because she didn't like the drop and she thought we were going to get wet. The two of us going on the ride said she was being ridiculous.

She was right.

I was dripping at the end of it. The people behind me in the next line made some snide comment, so I responded and we chatted a little. When I turned around, my dry friend told me that some mother had passed us, pointed at me, and said, "See that lady? That's why you can't go on Splash Mountain," to her kids.

So I have found my true calling in life: being an example of what not to do at theme parks.

2 comments:

Saule Cogneur said...

I had some friends at the Didney Land last weekend too. One was blond, did you see her?

Mindy said...

Well, that narrows it down to 1/3 of the people there, so I'm sure I did. The other thirds were Hispanic and goth teenagers. Did I see any of your other friends too then?

Interesting side note, there were a ridiculous number of people wearing BYU paraphernalia. Go Cougars!