9.06.2007

What's cooler than bein' cool?

This weekend was on the warm side. To the point that I took myself to see Pirates of the Caribbean 3 over Ocean's 13 because it meant 3 hours in an air conditioned theater rather than just 2 (it also conveniently kept me out until the house party I was trying to avoid ended). To the point that I spent a good portion of Monday in a pool/in a wet swimming suit because it was cooler. To the point that I was looking forward to returning to work because it's usually cold in my office.
Unfortunately, my office was rather warm when I entered Tuesday morning. We actually went outside to cool down at lunch. Wednesday it had cooled down again; I made good use of the sweatshirt I keep on the back of my chair for just such an occasion.
Today my office was an ice box. Since I refuse to wear thermals and sweaters in summer, we found an alternative.


Two large manila envelopes, packing tape, and a tall coworker, and voila! Our very own air deflector, sure to last at least a few months, at which point we'll be tearing it down to let the heat in because we're cold.

1 comment:

Saule Cogneur said...

I had to do the same thing in my first office at the U. Our ceiling was covered with cardboard by the time we were done. I think it was some kind of fire hazard.