9.20.2007

Girls don't like boys, girls like cars and money

So we were talking at lunch the other day about our "office move" next year. This move makes most people happy, for we will be much closer to where they live. It makes me unhappy because it will be farther away from where I live (I realize that it's not that far, but when it only takes you 10 minutes to get to work every day, another 10 doubles your commute time). And now that they've got the temperature figured out (turns out the vent wasn't attached to the thermostat so it just blew full blast all the time), I rather like our current office.

I groaned dramatically, so everyone at the table decided to convince me that this move will be a good thing.

"You can go shopping at the Spectrum!"
Great. Target will get an even bigger cut of my paycheck.

"You can eat at Panera!"
Isn't my current visit every Friday at lunch good enough?

But my favorite was this: "There are boys there!"
I had no witty reply to this. I had to give up and just laugh.

So if I end up moving in a year, you'll know why. It's because of the boys.

No comments: