8.21.2007

I'm your recent acquisition, time to celebrate me

Proof that I really am better now: Yesterday I discovered that someone had thrown out/eaten my leftover burrito. I had been looking forward to finishing it all weekend (I forgot it in the fridge on Friday). Those coworkers gathered with me in the kitchen tried to console me.

"Maybe they were just cleaning out the fridge" Nice try, but no. In my frantic search through the shelves, I found several pieces of moldy fruit that DEFINITELY should have gone before my burrito.

"Maybe they just didn't know whose it was." I wrote my name on the top. And there were several other styrofoam containers that weren't labeled at all.

I was mad for about 5 minutes as I nibbled at the yogurt I had also left in the fridge. And then I was over it. Okay, not entirely, because I'm still writing about it a day later. But it didn't ruin my day; it became the most interesting thing that happened.

Life's a journey, enjoy the ride.

No comments: