8.08.2007

The gentle island



I just had an amazing vacation (why don't we call it holiday like the British? It sounds so much more sophisticated.).


We spent a day visiting the College of Piping and the French/Acadian part of the island (including authentic food in the community center cafe).


We spent a day paying homage to the local literary heroine (I wish I had the picture of my sister and I dressed as Anne and Matthew...maybe when I get it from my mom). Turns out Gilbert Blythe is a little young, but still cute.


We spent a day wandering Charlottetown, including a few hours in a blessedly air conditioned theater. We also went to a ceilidh with an amazing fiddler.


We also ate ice cream every day and slept in and ate microwaved steak and got overheated in Boston and in general enjoyed ourselves thoroughly.

The end.

No comments: