7.28.2008

So if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free

I went to see The Dark Knight on Saturday (a week after the rest of the world, I know). Because everyone and their dog had already seen it, I had very little response to my "Anyone want to see this movie today?" text. I resolved that I would see it by myself if need be, because I really didn't want more of the movie spoiled. However, one brave soul said he'd see it again, so off we went. After 45 minutes of movie, he leaned over and said, "I'll be right back." Another 30 minutes later, I began to wonder because he still wasn't back. I mean, I didn't smell or anything. During a lull in the action (not an easy thing to find in that movie), I sent a "You ok?" text, but got no answer. However, I drove, so I knew he couldn't have gone too far. So I sat and finished the show. As soon as the lights came on, he came running up from the front of the theater saying he hadn't been able to find me in the dark and had ended up in front of me instead.

And that's how, despite my best efforts, I ended up watching The Dark Knight by myself.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

LOL that is a great story. I love it. You are so cute Mindy.