6.25.2008

and the waiting is the hardest part

So tonight at the library (yes, I was there again), I realized I have no patience. None. Ever since I got my new camera, I have been trying to learn everything I can about photography. Today, I was returning two photography books and ended up with three more. It was almost four, but I restrained myself. Learning is obviously a good thing, but I want to know it all now. I want to be able to just turn my camera on and take pictures like this or this or this or...

...all the while discounting the years and years of study and practice and hard work that went into those photographs.

And so tonight I am practicing patience as I take a million pictures of sunflowers and my purse and other random objects. And maybe, just maybe...someday they will amount to something.

1 comment:

Jenny Bay said...

That is so pretty! (And I am referring to the one you took of the flower! Way to go!) :)