12.08.2007

You really shouldn't have

"So, I found you a boy last night, and I'm pretty sure he's Mormon."

My coworker and her 85-year-old mother went out to buy a tree. It seems that in the process, they were helped by "the nicest guy." Now when most people buy a tree, they walk onto the lot, pick one, pay for it, and leave. Not her. Somehow she managed to get his whole life story, including the fact that his dad played football at BYU (which lead to the conclusion that this guy is Mormon). So, in addition to his alleged religious status, she told me he played football himself; he's tall dark and handsome; and he is currently at the Paul Michelle hair dressing school (but is not effeminate or gay). Oh, and my coworker thought it would be awkward to mention me at all.

Call me crazy, but there has got to be an easier way to meet people besides hanging around tree lots trying to figure out which guy sold a tree to my coworker Tuesday night with nothing but that description to go on.

No comments: