6.20.2010

This is a test. This is only a test.

I've decided that planning a wedding is a lot like being in school. For me, the first two weeks of the semester were completely overwhelming because it felt like I had to do all of the projects and write all of the papers right away. But inevitably I'd realize that I had the whole semester and everything was going to be just fine. I also remember that constant small nagging feeling that I should be doing homework or studying whenever I took a break. And I remember counting down the days until my last semester ended--I couldn't wait to be done and move on with life.

When I got engaged, it felt like I had to plan it all right away because there was so little time and so much to do. But we've worked at it little by little, and now we've got most of the planning done. There is a constant nagging feeling that we should be doing wedding stuff rather than taking a night off to watch a movie. And we've had a countdown going since 80 or so days out (down to 41 now). The only difference is, I'm really excited for the final.

No comments: