2.23.2010

Timing

"In all the important decisions in our lives, what is most important is to do the right thing. Second, and only slightly behind the first, is to do the right thing at the right time. People who do the right thing at the wrong time can be frustrated and ineffective. They can even be confused about whether they made the right choice when what was wrong was not their choice but their timing." --Dallin H. Oaks

I have found myself feeling frustrated with my life recently. I wanted something different, but I didn't know what exactly I wanted. I still don't know. But I'm making peace with not knowing, taking baby steps towards what I do know, and learning to be patient.

I highly recommend the whole talk by Elder Oaks, found here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

its like you are reading my mind. Creepy! I'm still in the baby step phase and have no idea :D

Emily Schmutz Garcia said...

I definitely can relate to feeling frustrated and ineffective. Patience has never been my favorite attribute. I often just wonder at what point one should give up the choice altogether and work on a new decision. Good quote and good thought.