7.12.2007

A random series of (what I find) hilarious moments of my evening.

* I was walking through Target when a loud voice says "You're from Wyoming...and you painted my house!" Huh? A few clueless blinks later, I figure out it's the lady who's house we painted for Neighbors to Neighbors a few months ago. Apparently I made a distinct impression (or the fact that I was wearing the free t-shirt they gave us that morning helped (I was "on my way running")). She repeated the Wyoming bit, smiled, and we parted ways.

* Does anyone else feel empowered by Home Depot? There's something about walking around that place that makes me feel like I can do anything. Of course, now that I've spent $40 on stuff to refinish a bookcase, I actually have to do the work. (Assuming, of course, that I find someone with a truck willing to transport the bookcases to my garage Saturday morning.)

* I'm headed home, windows down, Shania Twain BLASTING on the radio. I'm singing just as loud as she is until I pull up at a stop light and the two guys in the car next to me start whistling. Considering that these were two old, creepy Hispanic guys, this was not flattering. And of course, the light took f-o-r-e-v-e-r to change.

* And now I should probably go deal with the Level 5 hurricane damage in my bedroom. But instead I'm going to sit here and watch Scrubs reruns.

No comments: